HEATCON Composite Systems has been involved in the support of advanced composite repairs since 1981. For over 35 years, we’ve committed our time and product development to improving composite repair processes. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier of aerospace composite repair equipment, we provide a full range of hot bonders, accessories, technical and training services, and materials for the repair of composite structures.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to participate in developing an engaged workforce by providing leadership and support in the areas of employee relations and performance management, compensation and benefits, recruiting and retention, payroll, and employee safety. This role will support business strategies to improve employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, and to ensure legal compliance.
We are open to part-time (30 hours) or full-time and offer a flexible schedule!
If you are looking for a small-company environment, where you can have a big impact, please apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain equitable compensation structure and salary administration and ensure effective employee communication and understanding of total compensation and benefit plans.
- Assist managers and provide guidance on best practices, legal compliance, and improved decision-making.
- Administer training programs, create training plans, and provide training, as appropriate.
- Manage the performance evaluation process and assist managers and leads.
- Maintain the Company’s best workforce practices and affirmative defense.
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies and consult with managers to determine staffing needs.
- Ensure legal compliance is met with respect to all applicable federal, state, and local laws including Affirmative Action and E-Verify.
- Maintain employee handbook and job descriptions; manage FMLA leave and federal reporting.
- Administer, process, and assure accuracy of bi-weekly payroll.
- Participate in the safety committee; lead safety initiatives and safety training programs.
- Maintain expected productivity and quality standards that make financial returns possible for the Company to continue to provide excellent service to our customers and job opportunities and career growth for our staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; SPHR/PHR certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related human resources experience.
- Current knowledge of Affirmative action, relevant employment law, regulations, reporting requirements, and best practices.
- 1 year of experience processing or overseeing payroll.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to positively and diplomatically persuade and influence change.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and HRIS systems desired.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test required.
How to Apply: Applications are accepted using our online application process only.
EEO Employer/Disabled/Vets and Drug Free Workplace