We are currently seeking a Director of Volunteer Services to join our team. Building on the success of our well-respected volunteer program, the Director of Volunteer Services will oversee all aspects of the volunteer program (1500 volunteers), including program development as well as recruiting, screening, retaining and recognizing volunteers.
An integral role, the Director supervises and trains volunteers and builds strong partnerships with the agency’s program, development, and administrative teams. This position is community facing, interacting with volunteers, donors and community partners. The Director oversees all program-related budget activities and uses data to inform strategic decisions.
A successful candidate will be hands-on, flexible, and able to build open communication across departments. A people-person, our ideal candidate will be innovative, with the proven ability to delegate and motivate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates innovative and manageable approaches to serve the volunteer needs of the agency.
- Supervises the Volunteer Program Associate and the Outreach and Education Assistant.
- Oversees the volunteer recruitment and intake process and ensures accurate volunteer tracking and data collection systems are in place.
- Collaborates with internal staff to identify and prioritize volunteer needs throughout the agency.
- Partners closely with the development team to integrate systems and identify meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Works with the marketing team to develop online and printed material for volunteer programs and opportunities.
- Creatively and effectively matches volunteers; refers volunteers to programs within the agency and develops opportunities for individual and group volunteers.
- Represents the agency to local organizations, partners and volunteer associations.
- Develops annual volunteer recognition strategy and retention tools.
- Assesses effectiveness of volunteer programs and adapts to changing conditions.
- Promotes positive relationships and partnerships with community agencies and responds to requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Meets proper standards of risk management for all program aspects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; MA in counseling or social services field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a social service setting or running community programs/events; volunteer management experience a plus.
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with organized Jewish community; knowledge of Jewish practices preferred.
- Exemplary customer service skills, tact, and diplomacy.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally, always maintaining integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to balance client needs, volunteer needs, and organizational needs.
- Experience in program promotion and networking, ability to effectively make use of community resources and networks.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge or similar programs.
- Flexibility in arranging work schedule outside normal working hours.
- Valid driver’s WA state driver’s license, required levels of insurance, and a vehicle.
Applications are only accepted online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
If you are interested in helping us make a difference, please submit your resume and cover letter in a single document.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Vets