Do you want to work for a successful specialty retailer?
Do you enjoy staying busy and working in a small company with a diverse group of employees?
If you answered “Yes!” to these questions, you should know Peekay Inc. is currently searching for an experienced Retail Buyer/Planner to join our growing team!
As an experienced retail professional, you will be responsible for building solid strategies and financial plans to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity. As a Retail Buyer/Planner at Peekay Inc. you will work consistently with strong adult content.
- Develops merchandise/assortment and promotional plans that are customer focused by accurately forecasts sales, margin, and inventory for various business segments.
- Monitors competitive offerings and stays abreast of fashion/industry trends.
- Builds strong vendor relationships and negotiates best pricing for assigned categories.
- Evaluates new and existing products to determine launch and clearance dates; determines the lifecycle of each item.
- Works with marketing to develop compelling customer engagement strategies.
- Integrates brand, sourcing, marketing and supply chain functions into the merchandising decision making process.
- Coordinates with visual merchandising to ensure merchandise presentation standards are defined and executed.
- Attends trade shows to research new industry trends and products.
- Develops allocation plans to support appropriate stock levels in all stores.
- Maintains in stock standards for core products and actively works to reduce product handling costs incurred by our stores and distribution center.
- College degree or equivalent business experience.
- 5+ years’ of merchandising experience required; preferably with a large organization in a similar role.
- Thorough knowledge of buying and planning gained through progressive experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision making and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of developing and driving businesses.
- Demonstrates courage, conviction, adaptability and diplomacy.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Medical, dental, and life insurance coverage.
- A compensation package that reflects our interest in the financial future of our employees.
- Company sponsored short term disability, paid time off, paid holidays, and 401k retirement savings plan.
- A generous employee purchase discount program.
An Equal Opportunity Employer