Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry’s leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. Auction Edge provides a suite of technologies that help independent wholesale auto auctions conduct sales and connect buyers and sellers in the online world. With 230 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed per year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. To learn more about our latest products and services visit www.auctionedge.com.
The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, facilitating, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering software programs that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The APM may play a number of different roles in actual practice:
- At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of several teams and / or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the teams
- At a team level, facilitating the various agile “ceremonies” (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and “artifacts” (burndown charting, updates to stakeholders). Furthermore, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- Understand the needs of the Product Owner / Stakeholders and communicate it clearly to the dev team. This includes writing User Stories, Definition of Done, providing UI mock ups and basic art assets, and diagramming.
- In situations that require a hybrid approach (collaborating with an external team), using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
- In performing these roles, the APM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects using the appropriate level of planning and the right balance of agility and predictability.
Essential Job Requirements
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; gather and document regular feedback from stakeholders, facilitate complete and clear documentation in user stories / Product Backlog Items, provide basic (or advanced) UI mockups to the Product Owner/stakeholders as well as developers to aid in communicating expected features, organize, schedule and lead project meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and impediments; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing impediments; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members; facilitating constant team improvement and cohesion via Retrospective exercises.
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing the Product Backlog(s), customer expectations for project deliverables, stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models in a business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software development projects as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. 3+ years minimum experience required, PMP preferred
- Knowledge or experience with SCRUM / Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred or within 6 months of hire
- Experience overseeing multi-functional teams with at least 8 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business / technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Basic skills in UI mockups and UML diagramming a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is prefered; MA or MS is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish / maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate project management tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
Applications are only accepted online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.