Based out of Bellingham, Washington, Dawson Construction is growing and we are looking for an experienced, motivated Project Engineer to join our team.
Our Project Engineer is responsible for coordinating the complete construction and administrative requirements of the project.
- Assists with bidding, conducting material take-offs, and soliciting quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Provides technical support to the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the drawings, specifications and each subcontractor and supplier’s scope of work.
- Assist the project manager with subcontractor and vendor buyout, preparation and tracking of contracts and procurement of submittals and materials.
- Working with the project manager and superintendent to develop, update and distribute the project schedule.
- Assist with day to day coordination of subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Review shop drawings and submittals for compliance with the contract documents and processes within the time frames needed by the project schedule.
- Administers the Requests for Information (RFI) process.
- Assist with the administration of the Safety and Quality Control programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- 3+ years of project engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry
- Detail oriented with appreciation for time constraints and recognition of importance of proper documentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn industry-specific software quickly
- Fluency in Spanish is a bonus!
Dawson offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
Dawson has been in business for over 45 years with projects in both WA and AK. Our goal for every project is 'No Surprises’; we focus on clear communication and clear expectations throughout every project. We strive to provide an exceptional value in a professional, proactive and enjoyable manner. Please visit http://www.dawson.com/ to learn more about our company.
EEO Employer/Disabled/Vets and Drug Free Workplace