At MainVue Homes our people are the driving force behind our success and moving forward. We invest in attracting and retaining great people who share our values. We have a commitment to achieve results; put the customer first; exhibit courage; seek innovation and continuous improvement; and demonstrate respect, integrity and trust. MainVue Homes is a worldwide leader in premiere residential design and construction. We are a part of the internationally respected Henley Properties Group and a proud partner of the Sumitomo Forestry Group, a venerable corporation with its own rich 320-year heritage. This global relationship now builds 13,000 homes a year in Australia, Japan and most recently the United States. Using this international buying power, MainVue gives its customers access to the latest home designs at the best value.
We have an opportunity for a General Accountant to join our successful team in Bellevue, WA. This role performs clerical and administrative tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of payroll, benefits and human resources activities.
Essential responsibilities include:
Payroll and Benefits
- Assures accurate and timely processing of all aspects for employee payroll, including enforcing time reporting, calculating pay and working with payroll service provider.
- Develop, update, issue and maintain payroll and benefits forms.
- Processes and analyzes payroll and employee expense reimbursements.
- Maintains and audits staff paid time off balance schedules.
- Prepare and review all new hire, termination and leave packages submitted by each department and perform verification of employment.
- Assures accurate and timely processing of all transactions supporting employee benefit plans: medical (including FSA and H.S.A. elements), dental, vision, 401(k), Section 125, including monthly reconciliation of service provider billings.
- Ensures accurate employee benefits enrollment/changes and resolves issues regarding enrollments.
- Pays benefit premiums and reconciles benefits statements.
- Communicates monthly COBRA information to outsourced human resources services.
- Create and maintains personnel files and records including employee, confidential, and benefit files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Review and approve HUD statements for home sales.
- Reconcile bank accounts and record items on a daily basis (that are not included in check runs).
- Post miscellaneous monthly and daily journal entries.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-4 years of experience in general accounting, payroll and accounts payable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lync and Outlook.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and good judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on weekends and evenings, as needed to meet applicable deadlines.
For immediate consideration, apply online today!