Committee for Children (CFC) is a nonprofit working globally to foster children’s social-emotional development and prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Our research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 30,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 10 million children each year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants. The Senior Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in managing projects focused on delivering consumer-facing products, particularly in the EdTech market.
Primary Responsibilities Include
Project Management and Planning
- Direct and manage project from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals, requirements and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend budget changes when necessary.
- Create and manage project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Effectively communicate, set and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Improvement and Maintenance of Project Management Processes
- Maintain and champion CfC’s project management process throughout the organization.
- Assess areas where improvement of processes can be made.
- Work with project managers, project teams, and upper management to problem solve, document and implement organization-wide project management processes and improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project Management Certification.
- 5+ years of direct work experience as a Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Communication, Education or related field.
- Experience managing projects in the education and/or digital products fields, e-learning development and consumer-facing products highly preferred.
- Experience managing large teams, experience managing creative teams highly preferred.
- Experience managing multiple and/or long term, multi-year projects with budgets of $3M+.
- Solid working knowledge of agile and waterfall product development.
- Experience as a K-12 educator strongly preferred.
- Ability to fluently speak and write Spanish preferred, but not required.
How to Apply: Applications for this position are accepted through our online application process only. Please send your letter of interest and resume in a single document.