Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patient’s access to cutting-edge treatment.
We currently have openings for both a full-time Phlebotomist to join our professional team in Puyallup at our Rainier Clinic and a part-time floater position to assist at various locations. As our Phlebotomist, you will collect and transport blood samples, perform diagnostic procedures and interpret test results.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of phlebotomy procedures and/or designated laboratory testing while assuring the QC data generated is documented according to standard operating procedures.
- Remains knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and protocols which are essential to the timeliness of results reported while assuring that productivity is adequate to meet the demands of the laboratory's workload.
- Manages all patient service interactions with diplomacy, actively facilitating resolutions to problems and addressing the needs of all clients both internal and external.
- Assists with training as assigned by supervisory staff.
- Rotates stock supplies and keeps inventory.
- Participates in CE activities and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education or its equivalent is required.
- Completion of a phlebotomy course (with at least 200 draw externship).
- Minimum of one year of healthcare (preferably phlebotomy) experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety rules, and adherence to all CDC recommendations and OSHA requirements.
If you are looking for an organization committed to its patients, employees, and the community, please apply today!