Umbra Cuscinetti, Inc., an Everett Washington company specialized in providing engineered and manufactured motion control products to the aerospace and energy markets. Umbra has been designing and manufacturing precision ballscrews and high precision components for the aerospace industry for over 35 years. Umbra now supports 18 global aircraft manufacturers and over 60 military, commercial, regional, and business jet aircraft programs.
We are seeking an experienced Machinist Lead who coordinates activities of production workers in the manufacturing environment, ensuring compliance with company policies and product specifications. Assesses knowledge and abilities of team, performing or coordinating training activities to ensure continuous improvement of products, processes and people. Performs machining duties in all relevant areas of the production team.
This candidate will embrace and exemplify the Umbra Group values of FIRST – Focus on the Customer, Innovation, Respect, Social Responsibility & Teamwork.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads assigned production work center, preparing work schedules, expediting work flow and collaborating with Operations Leads and Shop Floor Operations Manager to anticipate and resolve any problems related to safety, efficiency or quality.
- Examines production processes and procedures for efficiency and accuracy, making recommendations for improvement.
- Implements training as required to ensure compliance with customer requirements and the Quality Management System.
- Oversees production activities, ensuring adherence to policy and procedure.
- Mentors and develops assigned work center team, providing constructive feedback, sharing technical knowledge, and inspiring growth of other machinists.
- Collects and synthesizes information related to production activities, preparing reports for manufacturing organization.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig bores, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Participates in 5s’, lean manufacturing and cost reduction activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Required Skills and Education:
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or completion of manufacturing-related vocational training with three to five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience. Previous leadership experience in preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test required.
How to Apply: Applications are accepted using our online application process only.
EEO Employer/Disabled/Vets and Drug Free Workplace