JOIN THE R.D. Merrill FAMILY.....
R.D. Merrill, a privately held, 5th generation family company with a proud history of success is currently hiring a Human Resources Director at our Corporate Offices in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a strategic and innovative thought leader who will ensure we remain among the most competitive employers in our benefit offerings, high level of employee/resident satisfaction and healthy company culture.
With over1800 team members and growing, the R.D. Merrill Company has a senior housing division, Merrill Gardens, as well as Pillar Properties, an award-winning developer of multi-family housing and senior housing.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide strategic human resources insight and leadership to the organization
- Maintain current knowledge of employment law and ensure compliance with local, state and federal guidelines
- Facilitate and participate in the implementation of strategic and organizational development initiatives
- Identify and address training needs by designing and delivering training programs for management and staff members, and by facilitating training and development opportunities
- Coach managers and staff through employee relations and performance challenges
- Make recommendations for existing and develop new policies, processes, and procedures
- Refine, facilitate and manage the recruiting, hiring, orientation, staffing, and departure processes
- Administer, evaluate and make recommendations on employee benefit programs
- Serve as advisor and internal resource on compensation and benefit matters
- Manage company-wide performance management system
- Design and conduct employee surveys; interprets and acts on results
- Oversee Workers’ compensation and safety program
What You Bring:
- Minimum of 8 years’ related experience, with at least 4 years in a senior or executive-level role; senior housing experience a plus
- Strong compensation management/planning and extensive employee relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferred; SPHR certification strongly preferred
- Experience identifying and implementing best practices in a growing organization
- Current knowledge of relevant employment law, regulations, reporting requirements, and best practices
- Ability to facilitate discussions and resolve problems using a practical, objective, and results-oriented approach
- Strong training and coaching skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work quickly in a dynamic customer service environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office systems; strong Excel skills, preferred
RD Merrill was recognized as 2016 Family Business of the Year!
We offer some of the best benefits and compensation in the industry including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401 (k), life insurance, PTO, holidays, and an EAP program. Apply now to join one of the most respected companies in the country!
Our focus is always on the people who live and work at our communities. Through innovative programs and a determined commitment to residents and team members, Merrill Gardens and Pillar Properties are exceptional places to build your career.
Merrill Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer