Committee for Children (CFC) is a nonprofit working globally to foster children’s social-emotional development and prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Our research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 30,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 10 million children each year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
Project Manager (Temporary)
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team in Seattle on a temporary basis! This role is anticipated to last at least 1 year. The Project Manager is responsible for planning and defining the project’s objectives, executing and overseeing quality control, and finalizing projects according to deadlines and within budget.
We’re looking for someone who is an effective communicator, detail oriented and collaborative, with excellent time management and organizational skills. Most importantly this person will need demonstrated experience in personnel management of large and diverse teams while managing multiple large projects at a time.
- Maintain and champion CfC’s project management process throughout the organization.
- Define project scope, goals, requirements and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend budget changes when necessary.
- Create and manage project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Effectively communicate, set and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Communication or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project management, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Certification in Project Management highly preferred.
- Experience managing projects in the education and/or digital products fields, e-learning development and creative projects highly preferred.
- Experience managing multi-year projects with budgets of at least $500,000.
- Strong familiarity with project management software.
- Solid working knowledge of agile and waterfall product development.
- Experience as a K-12 educator strongly preferred.
- Ability to fluently speak and write Spanish preferred, but not required
How to Apply
Applications for this position are accepted through our online application process only. Please send your letter of interest and resume in a single document.