Committee for Children (CFC) is a nonprofit working globally to foster children’s social-emotional development and prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Our research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 30,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 10 million children each year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
Senior Program Developer / Senior Curriculum Writer
The Senior Program Developer / Senior Curriculum Writer is responsible for designing program content, and directing content development on new and revised cutting-edge research-based social and emotional learning programs or products for schools and other educational settings. This position will initially focus on program materials for youth grades 6-8, and supporting materials for both educators and parents of youth in these grade levels.
Primary Responsibilities Include
Act as content designer and director of content development on new or revised program development projects
- Design program content, including pedagogical strategies.
- Integrate all product requirements into the overall program design.
- Directing actual content development to meet product requirements and vision, including giving key input to timelines and budget.
- Mentor and supervise other curriculum developers assigned to the project.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to create and execute on product goals and objectives.
- Consult with research experts and practitioners as needed.
- Develop and write content for the program as time permits.
Effectively provide information about CfC programs to a variety of audiences
- Provide information or training to clients and other external individuals about the content of our program, which may include travel.
- Preparation related to this information sharing.
Contribute collaboratively with other department members in support of general program development content
- Review and provide content for other departments (e.g. Marketing, Advocacy).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Education, or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience conceptualizing and writing curriculum and educational materials for children and youth and training materials for adults
- 3-5 years of experience directing curriculum content development including supervising other curriculum developers
- 1-3 years of experience working with youth in school or other educational settings
- Experience with educational media, web-based program development and other emerging technologies
- Ability to fluently speak and write Spanish preferred, but not required
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Strong knowledge or experience in the area of Social Emotional Learning preferred but not required
- Experience working with project/product teams and collaborating on work plans, timelines and budgets
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
How to Apply: Applications for this position are accepted through our online application process only. Please send your letter of interest and resume in a single document.