Committee for Children (CFC) is a nonprofit working globally to foster children’s social-emotional development and prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Our research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 30,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 10 million children each year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
Senior Financial Analyst
We are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Seattle. Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated business thinker with good critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills; you don’t just complete assigned tasks, you identify new areas where your analytical mindset can add value and suggest new ways to approach these opportunities.
The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with senior business leaders, and be responsible for performing complex financial analysis to support the creation of the operating budget, financial forecasts, and the strategic plan for the overall business. They will also perform ad-hoc analysis, drive process improvement, and support cross-functional projects, partnering closely with key stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop & implement effective budgeting and forecasting processes
- Prepare annual budget & forecasts
- Maintain a monthly forecast of revenues and expenses
- Build financial models for new business ideas
- Work with business unit analysts to create ROI for current products and project proposals
- Consolidate, analyze & report on financial data
- Provide relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of financial data against historical, budgeted, and forecasted results
- Monitor variances, investigate inconsistencies, identify trends, and recommend appropriate actions
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
- Perform monthly budget variance analysis with department & project managers
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them to systems policies and processes
- Facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information
- Document workflow, procedures, checklists, and policies for finance and accounting
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives, including significant contributing role in identification and implementation of a new ERP system
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years financial forecasting & modeling experience
- 5+ years statistical analysis
- Advanced ERP and financial database skills required
- Advanced report writing skills required
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong knowledge of (GAAP) and financial reporting practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to summarize and present complex financial data and operational activity
How to Apply: Applications for this position are accepted through our online application process only. Please send your letter of interest and resume in a single document.