Emerald City Pet Rescue is a nonprofit organization that exists to rescue abused, neglected and homeless animals. We are looking for a Licensed Veterinarian to support the team at our brand new, state of the art veterinary clinic in SODO! The clinic is paperless and equipped with the absolute best equipment obtainable.
Emerald City Pet Rescue adheres to the highest standards of practice in the veterinary community. Referral to boarded specialists is utilized as needed. No expense is spared to bring animals back from the brink of euthanasia to adoption. Emphasis is placed on wellness and rehabilitation of these patients.
We are seeking an easy going, professional, adaptable, reliable, personable, veterinarian who is committed to practicing progressive medicine. We want someone who is passionate about saving animals and who wants to continue learning.
- Evaluates symptoms, upon examination of animals; determines nature of disease or injury.
- Performs Surgery as needed.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and drugs.
- Tests variety of animals for diseases and inoculates animals against rabies, brucellosis, and other disorders.
- Advises adoptees of sanitary measures, feeding, and general care to promote health of animals.
- Remain current with new treatments.
- Practice prevention and control of communicable animal diseases.
- Consider ongoing safety of pets, staff, and guests, foresee safety concerns, prevent, and act accordingly.
- Medically treat animals, professionally represent the organization, and exhibit commitment to overall goals and deadlines set by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- D.V.M from accredited school required.
- 5+ years’ experience providing care for domestic animals.
- Shelter or rescue experience appreciated.
- Must be willing to work some weekends, with flexibility.
- Self-motivated, willing to work individually and as a part of the team.
- The ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Maintain confidentiality appropriate for position and responsibilities.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent organization, flexibility, patience, and effectively problem-solve.
- Able to train, led by example, and provide direction to other staff members.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; including Word and Excel.
- Must demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills.
ECPR offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer