Chihuly Studio is a lively and world renowned art studio based out of Seattle. We are seeking a dynamic, experienced professional to join our Project Management team.
Our Project Manager manages small and large scale, public and private installations for National and International clientele from contract phase through completion. The incumbent also manages gallery and art fair exhibitions for National and International venues from design phase through de-installation. Functions as liaison between Studio and galleries, clients and client project teams as well as facilitates relative information to Studio departments. Implements and maintains archival strategy for electronic and hard copy project documentation.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Strong technical skills and ability to read and interpret architectural plans
- High level of self-confidence and personal direction to negotiate a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where information and direction comes from multiple sources
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Superior attention to detail; diligence in problem-solving and project completion
- Exceptional written and oral communication; ability to translate technical information for non-technical staff, clients and third parties
- Aptitude and curiosity for inventive methodologies and creative approaches in the face of unique challenges
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for project within established goals
- Develop project timelines, track progress and deliverables for internal project related tasks
- Coordinate the mock-up and installation/de-installation and work-flow of small and large scale artwork and gallery exhibitions from inception to completion
- Coordinate all logistics associated with installation and de-installation of a gallery exhibition, including inventory management, team travel, scheduling, and staging
- Set milestones for clients and galleries providing them with clear and timely information regarding engineering, lighting, imagery, and site equipment needs
- Work closely with clients to establish site preparation timelines and insure all requirements are communicated and archived
- Schedule and coordinate Chihuly installation team travel logistics
- Provide subcontractors with information needed to complete their job tasks
- Provide clients with clear and timely information regarding site preparation, engineering, lighting and site equipment needs
- Review all lighting recommendations and drafting packages for accuracy, clarity and completeness prior to releasing to clients
- 5+ years’ experience as a team lead in the architecture / construction / design / art and exhibition fields
- Ability to read and interpret architectural/construction plans
- Art related education and or experience a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office is required and proficiency in Microsoft Photoshop, project management software and databases is desired
- Working knowledge of building and construction terminology and ability to interpret architectural plans, elevations, reflected ceiling pans, and structural engineering drawings desired
- Ability to travel as needed
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a health/dental/vision care package, employer retirement match, and paid time off.
How to Apply: Applications are accepted using our online application process only. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!