Remote Medical International® (RMI) operates globally as a company providing customers with medical support services for remote environments worldwide. We have been recognized six times by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, USA, we currently have 200+ employees globally.
We are seeking a knowledgeable HR Specialist to join our corporate team. This role will primarily be responsible for the oversite and general administration of the company’s human resources policies, procedures and programs. This position will play a key role in offering guidance on employee development, performance management, employee relations and HR Best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Monitor and track appropriate documentation, and advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations as appropriate.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation for corporate hires to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Carry out administrative work involving the human resources functions and maintain related records.
- Assist with the development and improvement of policies, programs, and procedures to improve the effectiveness of human resources and operations.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure company-wide meetings create an environment of growth and empowerment within the company.
- Train managers and employees in functions that may include, but are not limited to; terminations, promotions, performance reviews, and sexual harassment.
- Administer the performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Provide backup support to the Payroll and Benefits Administrator, and Talent Acquisition as needed.
- Manage third party human resource, compliance and other support functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of professional Human Resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field of study; Human Resources Management highly preferred.
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Remote Medical International® provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Remote Medical International® complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.