SkoFlo Industries, a world leader in the design and manufacture of chemical injection valves for the offshore petroleum industry, seeks an experienced Service Technican to join our team.
The Service Technician is responsible for disassembly, inspection, troubleshooting and repair report generation of a variety of SkoFlo Chemical Injection Metering Valves and related devices. The Service Technician will work with customers to identify and issue RMA instructions when needed. Additional responsibilities may include leading, assigning work, and training others. When not performing Service Technician Duties, the Service Technician will perform the duties of a Factory based Assembly and Test Technician.
The position is Woodinville factory based, however the ability and desire to work globally at both onshore and offshore locations is required, sometimes on relatively short notice.
- Perform pre-testing, disassembly, cleaning, and assembly on various types of direct and/or remote operated Chemical Injection Metering Valves and other Devices in a field setting.
- Establish techniques for proper examination of warranty, repair or upgrade products under diagnosis, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results; diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Deliver technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of factory acceptance testing of all phases of returned, warranty or repaired valves.
- Ensure all testing of repaired or modified product is carried out in accordance with documented FAT.
- Ensure FAT anomalies are reported appropriately; ensure FAT datasheets are complete, accurate, and signed as required by project statement of work.
- Use of standard and special tools and test equipment such as: volt-ohmmeter, oscilloscope, and digital multimeter to test and analyze subsea valve products.
- Plan, assign, review, and train new and lower level employees in all aspects of valve assembly and testing.
- Maintain test equipment in good, safe operating condition and repair as needed
- Drive “Zero Defect” philosophy within SkoFlo.
- Enforce safety regulations; comply with all safety rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 4+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment building, testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting chemical and injection products for the gas and oil industry.
- An understanding of electrical, hydraulics, inspections, PC and some software knowledge.
- Hands-on electrical component troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of embedded systems.
- Reliable transportation to and from pick up site, and the ability to travel by boat or helicopter.
- Working knowledge of ERP software; Vantage and/or Epicor software experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with multiple changing priorities.
- Well versed in common business applications, including MS Office.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 facility preferred.
Must currently hold or be able to qualify for:
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
- Offshore survival certificate and HUET (helicopter underwater egress training).
- Offshore Medical certificate.
Applications are accepted using our online application process only. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.