Headquartered in Bellevue, WA, Schnitzer West is looking for Building Technician for a property location in Seattle. The Building Engineer Technician will assist with maintenance and repair of all major building systems, including HVAC, mechanical, electrical, security and plumbing, as well as proper operation of the energy management systems. This position will also support the preventive maintenance and will respond to tenant requests for maintenance or repair.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in general maintenance and repair of all building systems, including: lighting repair and replacement, door hardware replacement and adjustments, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and building automated systems controls.
- Perform preventative maintenance under the direction of the Lead Building Engineer for a variety of systems.
- Respond to and handle service requests from tenants in conjunction with company work order system.
- Assist in handling fire and life safety issues.
- Assist in analyzing broken or malfunctioning equipment and researching procurement of replacement parts; repair broken or malfunctioning building equipment as directed.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area at all times.
- Ensure safe conditions in and around buildings at all times including periods of inclement weather.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; a minimum of two years vocational training specializing in HVAC or a similar program preferred.
- General knowledge of building systems with a functional understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of building systems; certificates in plumbing, mechanical, electrical and boiler or completion of certified training programs preferred.
- Functional understanding of mechanical and electrical systems with a desire to learn more.
- Factory training in one or more energy management systems desirable.
- Ability to use various hand and power tools appropriately.
- Strong communication skills, good customer service and interpersonal skills, and creativity to problem solve.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to deal with interruptions and to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a team situation and to work cooperatively with other staff.
- Working knowledge of basic office machines and computer software (Windows, Outlook).
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
- Must be able to work on-call after business hours.
About Schnitzer West
Put yourself at the forefront of real estate innovation with a career at Schnitzer West.
Known for our out-of-the-box, tenant-focused properties, Schnitzer West, LLC, is one of the West Coast’s leading real estate investment, development, and property management companies. Led by a highly entrepreneurial team of managing partners, we are continually rethinking and reinventing the way buildings should work for the people who occupy them. Our unique approach requires rigorous financial discipline and in-depth, tenant-focused research. It demands innovative, forward-looking design and exacting execution with an unrelenting commitment to quality.
Since our inception in 1997, we have developed or acquired and repositioned more than ten million square feet of commercial real estate in the Seattle, Portland and Denver markets. Currently, we have two Class A+ office buildings under construction and we are redeveloping several other properties. We also manage 5.5 million square feet of office and retail space with five-star service unrivaled in the industry.
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted using our online application process only.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER