Since 1986 Wildlife Computers has been a leading innovator in electronic tagging technology for marine animal applications. Our devices integrate data-logging, Argos and GPS technology to aid the study of marine animals such as penguins, turtles, cetaceans and large fish. For more information, please visit our website at www.wildlifecomputers.com.
We have an immediate opening for a full time Test and Calibration Technician to join the team at our Redmond, WA location. As our new Test and Calibration Technician, you will be responsible for providing quality control, testing and calibration of tags to ensure they conform to company standards and technical specifications before being shipped to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test and calibrate uncast, cast and repaired tags through depth, temperature, light, clock compensation, satellite and GPS test.
- Inspect all tags prior to shipping including software, setup and product appearance inspections.
- Ensure all orders are fulfilled with the correct items and accessories.
- Prioritize testing schedule based on shipping schedule.
- Provide feedback to engineering group to improve manufacturability.
- Create or modify existing production fixtures, molds, jigs, and procedures.
- Perform final assembly tasks such as; potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating, color coding parts and assemblies.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels
- Participate in company safety plan.
- Perform work on weekends and evening as needed to meet applicable deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong computer skills to include; Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good time management, including ability to juggle multiple priorities, prioritize tasks and efficiently work on multiple tasks concurrently with minimal supervision to meet tight deadlines.
- Good verbal and written skills. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively with other staff members. Ability to understand what is required and follow through tasks to completion.
- High level of mechanical assembly skill.
- The ability to work overtime as needed.
- Must exhibit fine-scale hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to lift up-to 50 pounds.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED
- Two-year degree or equivalent in technology or scientific field.
- Previous test or calibration experience.
Wildlife Computers offers a competitive salary with outstanding benefits such as fully paid medical and dental, 401(k), and 40 days of PTO per year.
Applications are accepted using our online application process only. Please do not contact Wildlife Computers for any application related inquiry or purpose.