Committee for Children (CFC) is a nonprofit working globally to foster children’s social-emotional development and prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Our research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 30,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 10 million children each year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
Helpdesk Tier 2 Tech
The Helpdesk Tier 2 Tech position is responsible for providing advance technical support to external and internal customer issues pertaining to client facing systems, software and services. Primarily, this position will back up our existing tier 1 support staff, and will troubleshoot any issues customer’s have using our website and video streaming. This person will also be on the internal helpdesk team that services our staff of about 100 people.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills and excellent communication. It is important that they have the people skills to effectively work with outside and internal users of all technical skill levels.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Provide tier 2 escalation support service to external and internal customers who are using our public facing client portals and websites.
- Answer questions and help troubleshoot issues over phone, email, chat, and remote web sessions related to all aspects of websites/portals functionality and performance.
- Document and escalate to internal and external development teams as required to support complex support issues/requests.
- Accurately maintain associated data, files and records regarding technical support incidents.
- Effectively communicate and simplify technical terms for non-technical customers.
- Maintain and advance knowledge of major browsers and platforms used to access internal and client facing business applications.
- Provide expert help for questions and issues related to functionality of line of business applications environments such as ERP/CRM/SharePoint/UM/Email in order to support internal business processes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of operating systems, platforms, relevant hardware & software.
- Provide training as needed to internal staff on supported software and hardware.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange administration and troubleshooting.
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer service environment where technical support at a tier 1-2 level is a primary job function.
- Advance knowledge of major Desktop and Mobile operating systems, Windows/macOS, iOS/Chrome/Android, required.
- Expert knowledge in providing technical support to troubleshoot internet connectivity and web browsers compatibility in various platforms and devices.
- BS/BA in Computer Information Systems/Computer Science, highly preferred.
- Basic experience with T-SQL scripts to query backend customer data.
- Good understanding of industry URL white-listing and spam filtering technologies.
- Knowledge of current browser video streaming plugins, players and protocols.
- Ability to diagnose advance technical issues involving troubleshooting software and tools.
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal skills and a commitment to provide accurate support information to customers.