Catalysis is more than just a digital agency. We are a tight knit group of technically capable experts who share a passion for creativity and innovation within our digital world! We enjoy a casual, dog-friendly culture, and are located in a unique historic building in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. Smart, inventive co-workers are helping the company grow to national recognition and you could be part of it! Visit www.catalysis.com
We are currently seeking a Database Developer responsible for building databases and applications that ensure optimal functionality of the server environment and contributes to accurate, timely delivery of client project data.
- Identifies/develops database schema, functions, and procedures
- Develops demos/proofs of concept at the application and/or data persistence layer
- Troubleshoots applications to provide strategic direction and implementation of solutions
- Identifies weak/churning code deficiencies and works with team to improve vulnerable sections
- Creates and debugs custom queries and stored procedures for disparate data sources
- Automates and optimizes data transfer, online reports, and presentations for internal and external clients
- Processes ad hoc data import and export requests
- Contributes to work estimates, designs, policies, and documentation
- Designs metric reports, strategy, and procedures for interpreting results/performance/security at an advanced level that spans data persistence layers
- Designs and implements technical documentation and designs that span data persistence layers of solutions for all internal and client-facing projects
- Develops methods of aggregating customer data to make it more actionable
- Identifies and adopts new development methodologies, best practices, and tools
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, and/or related field and 2+ years of experience as a combination of database administration and development in a live production environment in information technology, finance, analytics, and/or statistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions that demonstrate good judgment.
- Ability to proactively manage workload and priorities with minimal supervision.
A high level of proficiency is required in the following areas:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or newer
- Database modeling and design
- Performance tuning & optimization
- Unit testing principles
- Data Encryption Fundamentals
- Database Documentation, including data flows
- Database stored procedures
- Handling sensitive customer data
- Experience processing large datasets (10 million+ records).
The following skills are preferred but not required:
- Integrating with third-party systems
- C#, Java, or other OO language
- Advanced Security
- Data warehousing
- Cloud (Azure) Data Environments
- Analysis Services
- Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics
- .NET Framework
- UML or similar