Mullally Development Company is seeking a Carpenter Assistant to work at various apartment complexes in North Seattle. Our new Carpenter Assistant is responsible for assisting with apartment remodeling and all types of interior and exterior carpentry and repair work. If you are hardworking, dedicated, and interested in furthering your skills in carpentry and construction while working with a team of skilled professionals, then apply today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Carpenters as directed and show ability to work cooperatively or alone as needed.
- Work area set up and protection by covering walls and floors, salvaging usable fixtures, stocking needed tools and materials, etc.
- Demolition of old or damaged installations, walls or structures designated for remodeling, reconstruction or repair.
- Pick up materials from area building suppliers.
- Air sealing, fire blocking and insulation installation.
- Remodel rough-in work such as drain pan piping, CTV cable, and vent duct installations.
- Replace lighting, ceiling fans and electrical outlets and switches while observing electrical safety.
- Assist with finish carpentry work including cabinet, pre-hung door, casing and base molding installations.
- Assist with the construction of concrete walks, walls, curbs and foundations.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Assist with erecting or repairing structural framing, decks and stairs.
- Assist with exterior flashing, building waterproofing, window and siding installations.
- Clean up job debris and puts tools away daily and at completion of job assignment.
- Attend all required internal and external safety and training sessions.
- Follow all safety procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent desired but not required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- 2 years of carpentry or construction experience desired.
- Access or ability to obtain hand tools.
- Ability lift up to 50 lbs, push and pull up to 100 lbs daily, climb stairs and ladders and reach for supplies and perform overhead painting.
We offer an excellent benefits and compensation package that includes medical, dental, 401(k), vacations, and holidays.