Umbra Cuscinetti, Inc. is an Everett Washington company specializing in engineered and manufactured motion control products to the aerospace and energy markets. Umbra has been designing and manufacturing precision ball screws and high precision components for the aerospace industry for over 35 years. Umbra now supports 18 global aircraft manufacturers and over 60 military, commercial, regional, and business jet aircraft programs.
We are seeking an ambitious and passionate Manufacturing or Product Engineer to lead, develop, and implement optimal, cost effective, assembly and production processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. The perfect candidate will be an innovative engineer who will implement state-of-the-art production processes. We want someone who is skilled in preparing work instructions, documentation models, and drawings for tooling, electronic equipment and assembly instructions of complex mechanisms. This engineer will have a natural motivation for continuous improvement and manufacturing modernization. We need hands-on experience creating inspection and test plans/procedures, training employees on new processes, and leading facility layout and design projects in a cross-functional team environment.
In summary, you’ll be a great fit if your approach to working and engineering matches our values of FIRST – Focus on the Customer, Innovation, Respect, Social Responsibility & Teamwork.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish robust, cost effective production processes for aerospace and higher volume products.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing plans, drawings/sketches and bill of materials.
- Design and evaluate tooling and fixtures for machining and assembly of complex mechanical and electrical systems.
- Lead root-cause corrective action activities such as MRB decisions.
- Lead shop continuous improvement, lean manufacturing and daily management activities (Kata).
- Conduct detailed process analyses and implement improvements to processes and procedures such as safety procedures, work methods, production processes and labor standards.
- Develop and conduct assigned training programs for shop employees and other production engineers as applicable.
- Maintain and monitor SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Perform specific projects under supervision as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering (or equivalent) from four year college or university plus 5 years of work experience; Master’s Degree (M.S) and at least 3 years of work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years’ of experience with CAD programs such as Solid Works.
- Demonstrated aptitude with mechanisms and/or electronics.
- Previous experience specifying, implementing, proving out, and training production personnel to utilize automated manufacturing processes
- Proven ability to develop assembly planning, bill of material, tooling, and fixtures based on complex assembly and part drawings
- Understanding of complex assemblies of machined components.
- Proficient in understanding and applying Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test required.
- Lean and/or Six-Sigma Certification.
- Prior engineering experience with complex assemblies such as transmissions, engines, or flight controls.
- Experience with electro-mechanical system assembly
- Experience in aviation, energy or similarly regulated industries.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations ERP system.
- Experience with SolidWorks PDM
How to Apply: Applications are accepted using our online application process only
EEO Employer/Disabled/Vets and Drug Free Workplace