Umbra Cuscinetti, Inc. is an Everett Washington company specializing in engineered and manufactured motion control products to the aerospace and energy markets. Umbra has been designing and manufacturing precision ballscrews and high precision components for the aerospace industry for over 35 years. Umbra now supports 18 global aircraft manufacturers and over 60 military, commercial, regional, and business jet aircraft programs.
We are seeking a Document Control Specialist to oversee and maintain the company document control system. The ideal candidate will be excited by the opportunity to be part of a large improvement project surrounding our documentation architecture and information systems. This initial project will require strong analytical skills and a desire to partner with others to deliver a solution that delights all our internal and external customers. Being part of the initial project, we expect this candidate to own our document control tools and processes as our thriving company continues to grow.
This candidate will embrace and exemplify the Umbra Group values of FIRST – Focus on the Customer, Innovation, Respect, Social Responsibility & Teamwork.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the focal for all document control issues and support of the system.
- Maintain all documents used by the company to current, approved revisions, and participate in document review for clarity and compliance to company standards.
- Continuous improvement of UCI’s document management infrastructure and processes, incorporating new customer/program requirements as needed.
- Document control focal for quality procedures and work instructions.
- Evaluate and incorporate all customer requirements into documentation and information standards.
- Partner with IT team to identify trends and implement best practices for improvements such as process enhancements to existing software, developing recommendations for new hardware and/or software that may benefit the document control environment.
- May participate in implementation of ‘paperless’ support for manufacturing records and access to needed information.
- Educate all document creators and users in preparation, control, and access procedures.
- Manage document control support resources for all personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with at least 2 years of experience in document control (configuration management).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals, procedures, drawings, and government regulations.
- Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, top management, and employees of the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience as a SharePoint Site administrator.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information appropriately.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test required.
How to Apply: Applications are accepted using our online application process only.
EEO Employer/Disabled/Vets and Drug Free Workplace