Recognized as one of the most progressive utilities in Alaska, Alaska Power & Telephone (www.aptalaska.com) currently provides service to communities located above the Arctic Circle, deep in the Wrangell Mountains and throughout the islands of Southeast Alaska. We travel by boat, floatplane, snow machine, riverboat, helicopter and all-terrain vehicles.
We are recruiting for a Full-Time Journeyman Electrical Lineman at our Klawock, Alaska location. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, willing to follow directions, and willing to travel. They will possess excellent team and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience as a journeyman electrical line worker
- 10 years of experience in the outside electrical profession
- Current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Medical Examiner’s Cert., CPR/First Aid card, & DOT Flagger Cert.
- Certified training in pole top, bucket, & tower rescue fall protection, transformer advance theory & practical application, grounding, electrical Systems and Safety & Loss Control Training, 1910.269, and liveline tools
- Possess good pole climbing skills
- Passport is required for occasional travel through Canada
- Willingness to deal with occasional hard weather conditions
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and construction of distribution and transmission circuits, storm damage repairs, crew safety, meter reading
- Safely troubleshoot problems with electrical components (Voltages from 2,400 – 34,500)
- Must be able to respond to emergency outage calls during off-working hours
- Ability to inspect, maintain, operate all motor & commercial vehicles safely in accordance with all applicable laws to and from the various generation sites, day or night
- Ability to travel to various locations in Alaska to perform required duties
- Other duties as assigned
AP&T is a small employee & investor owned utility. We offer competitive wages and an attractive compensation and benefits package.
EEO Employer/Vets/Disabled and Drug and Alcohol-free workplace