Catalysis is more than just a digital agency. We are a tight knit group of technically capable experts who share a passion for creativity and innovation within our digital world! We enjoy a casual, dog-friendly culture, and are located in a unique historic building in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. Smart, inventive co-workers are helping the company grow to national recognition and you could be part of it! Visit www.catalysis.com
We are currently seeking a Back End Developer to work on web, service, mobile and desktop applications and contribute to developing the architecture of n-tier solutions. This role requires the ability to solve system related software problems with a focus on web development and web support.
- Develops software solutions in accordance to development requirements on time and on budget
- Develops demos/proofs of concept at the application layer of n-tier solution systems
- Uses Lead and Project Managers’ guidance on customer requirement interpretation and translate into technical documentation that spans presentation and application layers. Identifies and communicates application requirements and dependencies to team members
- Helps estimate development costs
- Resolves code problems and provides bug fixes for legacy and new n-tier systems
- Analyzes system analysis feedback and identifies missing/incomplete user scenarios
- Finds deficiencies in customer requirements and makes appropriate adjustments prior to release
- Maintains ongoing applications and escalates to appropriate technical resource as needed including on-call support
- Provides cross-skill pollination to other team members
- Proactively shares competitive insight that enables better designs across projects and during code reviews
- Investigates and stays up-to-date with new application layer technology
Ideal candidate will be a self-starter with great communication skills, able to convey abstract concepts to peers (both technical and non-technical), and able to quickly absorb technical information and effectively implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and/or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in systems development and/or web development (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and technical risk assessment abilities.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative, fast paced, open team environment with minimal supervision.
A high level of proficiency is required in the following areas:
- NET Framework 4.5
- Web APIs (Integration & Design)
- C#, ASP.NET
- N-Tier development
- UML or similar
- Unit and End-to-end testing principles
- One of more Content Management Systems (ExactTarget, Kentico, Drupal, Wordpress, etc.)
Experience/familiarity with the following a plus:
- Mobile Development
- XPath and XSLT
- LAMP stack
- Cloud development (Azure, AWS, or similar)
- Omniture, Google Analytics
- E-Commerce packages
- Database design and development
- Security applications