Umbra Cuscinetti, Inc. is an Everett Washington company specializing in engineered and manufactured motion control products to the aerospace and energy markets. Umbra has been designing and manufacturing precision ballscrews and high precision components for the aerospace industry for over 35 years. Umbra now supports 18 global aircraft manufacturers and over 60 military, commercial, regional, and business jet aircraft programs.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Inspector III to perform manual inspections of manufactured, purchased and processed products in accordance with industry standards, internal quality system and customer specifications. The Quality Assurance Inspector III will use various inspection technologies for further inspection of products, and prepare documentation on inspection results and activities, upholding Umbra Cuscinetti’s Quality Policy. This position embraces and exemplifies the Umbra Group values of FIRST – Focus on the Customer, Innovation, Respect, Social Responsibility & Teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects and synthesizes information related to inspection activities, preparing reports for Quality organization.
- Perform receiving, in-process, final dimensional, First Article (FAI) and finishing inspections to customer drawings and industry specs.
- Use standard inspection measuring equipment and make proper inspection set-ups from drawings, specs and inspection instructions with minimal supervision.
- Mentors and develops the inspection organization, providing constructive feedback, sharing technical knowledge, and inspiring growth of other inspectors.
- Examines articles for defects and sorts articles according to extent of defect.
- Participates in 5s’, lean manufacturing and cost reduction activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school, or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ASQ Certification: Certified Quality Technician (CQT) and/or Certified Mechanical Inspector (CMI), preferred.
- Experience writing/editing/running Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) programs preferred
- Experience as a team lead, shift supervisor, mentor or coach is preferred
- Ability to use data-collection hardware and software and translate collected data into meaningful results.
- Must be proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, write and communicate routine reports and correspondence before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to draw, analyze and interpret data into graphical representations, such as a bar graph or pie chart, along with the ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds with assistance.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test required.